The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is currently recruiting for a House Officer. The ideal candidate's primary responsibility is to ensure the safety and security of all guests, personnel and property. The role includes risk, loss management of the property, as well as supporting in workplace safety and life/fire safety systems, preventing situations that could jeopardize the safety and operations of the hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for securing building, including monitoring, inspecting and securing all entrances and exits, and surveillance of person(s) in all areas of hotel property. Control entry onto hotel premises through the parking garage by outside contractors during the hotel renovation. * Patrol physical property or maintain fixed post position, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and investigate accidents and criminal acts. * Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations. * Have knowledge of any life safety systems, fire panels, CCTV system computer, and other such equipment to complete job assignments. Ensure continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors. Know authorized contractor personnel who are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of equipment * Maintain confidentiality of all security reports/documents. Release information only to authorized individuals as directed by the Director of Security * Monitor the locations of the Fire Life Safety Systems and equipment in the hotel (AED, exits, manual pull stations, fire extinguishers, sprinklers)
* Must have successfully passed the Fire Life Safety Exam
* Must have the ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred * Must have basic computer knowledge and skills.
* Must be able to make excellent independent judgment decisions and assume responsibility.
* Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information with a clear understanding as to who is, or should be, part of the conversation.
* Must remain extremely calm under high pressure circumstances.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy, to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
* Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
* Ability to maintain a highly positive and friendly image that will reflect well on the hotel.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment.
* Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 50 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
* High School Diploma
* Minimum two years in luxury or ultra-luxury operations.
* Prior experience in Security/Loss Prevention, Law Enforcement, Military or Fire Life Safety
* Fire Life Safety Director
* State Guard License
* Certified in Adult, Child and Infant CPR, AED and First Aid
Built in 1930, The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is a New York City luxury hotel that exudes charm and elegance. For generations, it has been the \"home away from home\" for world leaders, celebrities and sophisticated travelers. Guests discover remarkable privacy, luxury and impeccable service from this award-winning pro Associated topics: alarm, canine detection, metal detection, patrol officer, public safety officer, safety report, secure, security, surveillance, unarmed
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.